I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and Father Christmas left a few books for you under the tree! If you weren’t celebrating, I hope you had the most relaxing Sunday of the year so far. With it being the beginnings of winter, I thought I’d bring a little sunshine into your lives with the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you to Melissa @ TheBookwormFantasy for nominating me for this award.
THE RULES OF THE AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1) What’s the next book on your TBR?
Gosh, what a tough question, stating the next book on my TBR is never set in stone but I’m 92% sure it will be one of the following two: Tattletale by Sarah J Naughton or The Devil Crept In by Ania Ahlborn. I really need to get organised with the books I’m planning to read in 2017!
2) What’s your favourite snack to eat whilst reading?
I don’t really snack when reading, I’m more of a serial tea and coffee drinker.
3) How do you organise your books?
Surprisingly, I have no system, although I am trying to separate my ‘read’ and ‘to-read’ books. My shelves are partly organised by colour (I have a row of white books and a stack of red books), partly by series/author, mostly by what I think looks good 🙂
4) Do you tend to read more books written by female or male authors?
According to Goodreads, this year I have read more books by females. I have been making an effort to read more diversely so I’m happy with the mix of authors I’ve read this year.
5) Are there any genres you don’t read at all?
6) What’s your favourite book to movie adaptation?
V FOR VENDETTA
7) What was your most recent book disappointment?
8) Where do you usually buy your books from?
Independent and/or chain bookstores and online (Amazon, Book Depository, eBay etc). I really have no preference but I get especially excited when I find a book for a steal in a charity shop, especially if it was on my wish-list.
9) Which book are you most excited for that isn’t released yet?
Erm…I’d have to go with Untitled (The Nevernight Chronicle #2) – the book doesnt even have a title yet, I guess I’m going to be waiting a while. I read Nevernight by Jay Kristoff earlier this year and its awesomeness took me by total surprise, if you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend you do!
10) Do any of your friends or family share your passion for reading?
My sister! Although our tastes differ, there are times our reading interests overlap – still waiting for that buddy read of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon sis!
11) What are the top 5 things you look for in a book?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. It depends on the book I’m reading but generally speaking, I’d say: interesting plot, well-developed characters, good ending, writing style and most importantly, the book to evoke some kind of feeling/emotion in me (and I don’t mean relief that it’s finished haha!)
Now I know the rules state I must nominate 11 bloggers and write 11 new questions but I’m a rebel, please don’t take my award back. I know my fellow bloggers are extremely busy so I won’t add an additional 11 questions to your review load but know that I think you are all rays of sunshine, blog readers too because who’s reading our reviews if not you!?